This is my friend Johnny Panessa, a toy designer and fellow photographer. He grew up in Mastic Beach and now has a weekend place out there to escape to and enjoy with his girlfriend Felicia. He is working on a project documenting the people along the Forge River which flows along the shores of Mastic and is one of the more polluted rivers in the area hopefully making a comeback. Check out his work on his site and tumblr pages. http://johnnypanessa.com http://johnnypanessa.tumblr.com
The other day my friend and fellow photog shot this great portrait of me.
see you all in Austin!
My sweet friend Jung Kim has been shooting Daniel Johnston for years. She ran a successful kickstarter that I was proud to be a part of. Here is the beginning of the results.
Emiliano’s project is powerful. Check it out.
I’m overwhelmed and deeply humbled by the response to the project on my father’s last days. So many people have reached out and shared their own stories of loss and sadness. After so many years of indecision and anxiety about sharing these photos, yesterday proved to me that Photography still has the power to move and inspire and take us away from our screens.
Check out Joao’s Ciudad Natal.
Not very appropriate for a Monday, I know. But life is nothing without death. Be thankful for what you have, love to the fullest, and don’t let a minute go to waste. Go out there and do it. This is the only chance you’ll get.
This is Don Amador Pozo Perez, Lima, Peru, 2009. From my personal project, Ciudad Natal. Check out the rest of the work here: ciudadnatal.com.
And if you love me, spread the word, if only a little bit.
I like what this homeboy does with his camera and he be a travelling man.
High Street Low Street is now a pdf ebook that looks sick on a tablet, phone, pc. It’s $2.99 and has 120 more pictures than the coffee table book I published earlier this year.
BUY IT BEFORE DECEMBER 1ST and you could win the limited edition physical book!
If you’ve already picked up the ebook, how about checking out these great tumblr’s if you’re looking for a few new follows?
- Morgan Tepsic: BFF. His magazine, TEPSIC, is radtacular!
- Wayne Bremser: Curator of some interesting photos from around the world.
- LE: One of my oldest online friends. I’m picky, so that’s saying something.
- Billy Gomez: Dope beats, amazing photography. Nuff said.
- Gage: Posts cool pics.
- Seamus Heffernan: Portraits from St. John’s.
- DOTMO: Cool dude, posting cool shit.
- Marcus Tanner: Awesome photographer. Seriously.
- CHARL: Can’t wait until this guy starts posting non-asia pics!
- Robert Koehler: Seoul-based landscape / architecture photography.
- Deshaun Craddock: NYC based street photographer.
- Please reblog. I’m broke. Selling eBooks = Xmas present for wife. :)
Robert Herman and I were in a group show together called “New Yorker” in Istanbul. His NY street photos are great and have the 80’s written all over them.
This is a good one friend. Months upon months of travelling going on here, check it.
I was in a group show in Brooklyn last night. It is running through to August 27th at Two Moon.